Last updated November 2013
We use first and third-party cookies to improve our services by analyzing your browsing habits in order to display information related to your preferences. We want to inform you clearly and precisely about the cookies we use, explaining what cookies are, what they do, what’s their purpose, what types of cookies we use and how to configure or disable them if you wish to.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your browser or device by the website or app you’re using.
What does a cookie do?
Cookies allow a website to, among other things, store and retrieve information about your browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain, store your user preferences for that site.
What types of cookies are used in this website?
Depending on the entity managing the cookies:
- First party cookies: are the ones set by us when you visit our website.
- Third party cookies: are the ones set by another site. An example of third-party cookies are the ones used by Google Analytics. The purpose of such cookies is usually to track your surfing habits.
The length of time that they remain active:
- Session Cookies: These are designed to collect and store data while you access our website. They are therefore temporary cookies that only remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, and are not recorded on the hard drive of your own computer.
- Persistent Cookies: These are stored in the computer and can be accessed and processed for an extended period of time, defined by the cookie’s manager. We use this cookie to facilitate the purchase and registration process.
- Technical Cookies: These are essential to the website and enable you to navigate and use its services and features. They allow the control of traffic and data communication, to store login information, access some restricted areas, store items placed in your shopping cart or lightbox, enable the buying process for an order, the application for registration or the use of security features while browsing.
- Preferences Cookies: These allow us to personalize your experience while visiting our website by applying some browsing preferences (your language, your type of browser, the regional area from which you access the website etc.).
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies allow us to obtain information about the usage of our website in order to continually improve our features and services and understand how customers use the website.
Who uses the information obtained by cookies?
- For more information on Google Analytics click here.
- For more information on Google Adwords click here.
- For more information on Alexa ranking click here.
How can you configure or disable your cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options in your Internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, then some of the features, functionality and promotions available through the site may not be available to you.
The following links offer all the information needed to configure or disable cookies in each browser:
- For more information about the Google Chrome browser click here.
- For more information about the Mozilla Firefox click here.
- For more information about Internet Explorer click here.
- For more information on the Safari browser click here.
- For more information on the Safari browser for iOS (iPhone and iPad) click here.
- For more information on the Chrome browser for Android click here.