Step 4. Your VIDEO CLIPS
Preparing your video
- If you are a new video contributor, you should send an initial selection of 5-10 video clips to help us assess your video material and to confirm compatibility with our system. The clips should be representative of your work and available for us to license.
- Capture: Your clips should be captured as HD Video, and preferably Full HD (1920 x 1080p). If you have unique clips shot in Standard Definition (SD), you can consult with us.
- File format: You must send clips in the .mov format (QuickTime)*
- Codec: You must send clips compressed with codec H.264*
* There are many software conversion tools available for converting clips (format and codec). We recommend MPEG Streamclip, which is free and works for both the Mac and PC platforms. You can download this tool at: http://www.squared5.com
- Frame rate: Send the clips with the frames per second (fps) as you originally filmed it. We will convert the fps if necessary.
- Edited clip duration: Your clips should be a minimum of 5 seconds / maximum 90 seconds. If you have clips that are longer than this, you may consult with us.
- Videos that are destined for use in TV should be filmed horizontally. However, in other mediums such as internet, vertical videos can be used, so we will accept them. Please, keep in mind that the standard orientation is horizontal.
- Avoid excessive post-processing of the color or other characteristics of your clips so that the client will have more options available if they need to adjust the clip’s appearance.
- Releases: You must send us model releases for all identifiable people appearing in your clip. You should also send property releases, when necessary.
Those releases should be sent within the same folder as your videos, saved in JPG format, and entitled with the same filename as the video, including _MR o _PR at the end of the name to denote if a model or a property release:
- Metadata: Clips should have keywords and description information. This metadata must be incorporated in an excel file (.xls). You must fill in this excel file according to our requirements which are detailed in our Digital Submission Manual.
- Before sending clips by FTP or by post, please carefully read the complete guidelines in our submissions manual.
Sending your video clips by FTP
- If you are already an age fotostock photographer, you will find the video folders already created within your FTP folder. There will be a folder for each license type (RM, RF or LBRF), so you just need to copy your clips to the appropriate folder.
- If you are new, and would like to send your video material, please contact Eva Cascales for more details and FTP access.
Sending your video clips by Post
Please send clips in a hard drive or a pendrive which is PC formatted. (No DVDs allowed). Please send to:
Pallars 99, office 21
For those of you located closer to our U.S. office in NY, you can ship your clips to:
age fotostock america inc.
40 Wall Street, 28th Floor
New York, NY 10005