Stock Photo - A view of a range of Eldon Square being demolished, possibly the west range, seen from the rear, with a partial view of the square in the background and showing a cross-section of the interior of the range. Eldon Square had three ranges of terraced houses, built between 1825 and 1831 by Thomas Oliver and John Dobson for Richard Grainger. The north range has five central bays that project and the ground floor is raised above the street level. The east range, still standing, has 33 bays in total, and three storeys with basement and attics, with the five bays on either end slightly projecting, and the west range most likely mirrored this facade. The north and west range were demolished c1973, and the Eldon Shopping Centre was constructed 1973-1976.

Stock Photo: A view of a range of Eldon Square being demolished, possibly the west range, seen from the rear, with a partial view of the square in the background and showing.

Searchable keywords

Choose multiple keywords